Drizzling Of Love

Drizzling Of Love



 



My first posting was two years ago in a small town as a doctor. It was a government hospital, very small but beautiful. There was only one doctor at a time. My duty was in the morning, another doctor would come in the evening.  

It was my third day in the hospital when I noticed him. He was a man about sixty to sixty-five years old, was distributing flowers and gifts to different patients. He was clean-shaven, of normal height, and slightly fat. His hair was black but at both sides, up to the ears had been white. He was a good looking personality. Always a smile lived there on his face every time. He met with all the patients very cheerfully and attentively, asked them about their health conditions, their families, told jokes to them, and made them laugh. I wondered about this weird personality. Every week he came and did the same. I didn't try ever to talk to him. Just saw him from a distance. After meeting adult patients he headed towards the children's ward, gave them toys, chocolates, and other gifts, played with them, and made them laugh. He used to talk in hours with them. The whole day he would spend with them, seemed that he felt happier with kids than adults.

 Children who remained for a long time in hospitals waited for him. And of course, I included the children. I wait for him every week impatiently. I didn't try to meet him even a single time but I inquired about him and his family to my staff. His name was Hashim. He lived with his family with children and grandchildren happily. His wife had been dead a few years back. He ran a factory of fan manufacturing in the city and was considered one of the city's largest businessmen. Every week when he came, the environment of a hospital changed. All the patients felt happy to see him. The kids enjoyed a lot with him. He played with them like a kid. Whenever he entered the hospital I quickly left my work and began to watch him from a distance. He was so engrossed in his activities that he had no idea that anyone was watching him. It was not only me who saw it but also many others. I have never seen such a man in my life who came to the hospital every week for no reason only to see patients who had nothing to do with him. He loved and cared for all the patients and treated the children as if they were his children.

 

One day when he was in the hospital one kid's condition became worse, I ordered, move him to the operation theater quickly. The kid's parents were very worried; he stayed in the hospital the whole day and night and was comfort his parents. He worried himself too. The operation was finally successful. He was as happy as if his child had come out of danger. After that, he declared a little party in the hospital for all patients and staff. Certainly, the next day, he was there in the hospital with a heavy amount of party stuff. He offered eatable things, gifts, and chocolates for kids with his hand. When he offered me I paid thanks to him and this was just a single word that I said to him. I didn't try ever to converse with him. I thought maybe he does this as worship so it's not good to interfere in someone's worship.

One day a patient died, he stayed at his funeral all day and comforted his family. Similarly, whenever the patient, especially the kid, was discharged, he would offer him a gift and give blessings to him and his family.

 

Then he didn't come one day. All the patients were waiting for him and of course me too. He also didn't come next week.  Just the news came that he'll not come ever. He went for always from where no one can come.

 

 After him, the environment of the hospital would remain the same throughout the whole week.

 


Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment

Previous Post Next Post

رات